It is necessary to include the following information with every project sent to Mountain Commercial Graphics for output:
- Electronic Copy: If submitting online, use the button below to go to YouSendIt, our file import utility. Acceptable vector file formats include Illustrator CS4, and InDesign CS4. If in doubt save as an EPS file and outline all the fonts. For non-vector requirements, Photoshop works best utilizing 100 to 300 DPI at full-size depending on viewing distance.
Please send the file in it's original format with all of the appropriate links and font (or outline all text).
PDF files work great for viewing but not always for production.
Click Here to upload files.
Files under 2 megs may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or files can be submitted, CD's or DVD's labeled with return address. Please send the file in the original format in which it was created. Include a printout of the file directory specifying which files to output. If mailing, please send a back-up disk. Never send your only copy of a file (i.e., keep a copy of everything that you send Mountain in case something happens and the information has to be resent).
- Hardcopy: A color print "go-by", to insure that the final product portrays the color(s) you desire. Please include PMS numbers and any sketches or color samples necessary to aid in the description of the project.
- Quote: A copy of the quote supplied by Mountain Commercial Graphics (where applicable) and/or your purchase order.
- Fonts: Fonts should be converted to curves (paths or outlines). Include fonts that are embedded within images. Unless all fonts are accurately provided.
- Images: Be sure to include any images or artwork linked to the layout. Photoshop files should be saved as CMYK files. If you used small images while working, be sure to send us your highest resolution files for printing.
- Identification: Label materials (i.e., name or number) that need to be scanned and include a diagram of their placement.
For additional information and/or questions related to the file submission for artwork, please email us at email@example.com or call your customer service representative.
|Electronic Art Guidelines|
You can download this information in PDF format by clicking here.
Following Image Formats Accepted
||Digital Printing and Screen Printing
||Digital Printing and Screen Printing
||Digital Printing and Screen Printing (No separated files)
||EPS or Vector for
Plotter Cut Vinyl
Most current version of the following electronic formats accepted:
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign – Mac or PC versions ***PDF files may or may NOT be usable files.***
Please call if you have any questions.
- Electronic art in its original format should include any images or artwork linked to the layout.
- Photoshop files should be layered and saved as psd or tiff CMYK files.
- Fonts must be PostScript Type 1, Truetype, OpenType or outlined fonts/curves. Include fonts embedded in placed images.
- Scan resolution for large format – 50-100 ppi @ 100% of final output size, cropped and rotated in Photoshop.
- Scan resolution for Screen Print – 4 color process only – 300 pi @ 100% of final output size, cropped and rotated in Photoshop.
- Bleeds should be designed to extend 1/8" outside crops for screen printing. Digital bleed for wraps or installed art 4” -6”.
- Vehicle wraps – Please provide separate files for each side of the vehicle (if different) including the rear, hood or roof.
- Files should be scaled to 1/10th (1”=10”) or 1/4th of the final printed size. Minimum file resolution FLEET – 56 DPI @ full size and POS 100 DPI @ full size.
- Pantone Color Matching available for Screen Printing only. For Digital Printing, we can only duplicate Pantone Colors using CMYK equivalents.
- Small images should be sent in highest resolution files for printing.
- Small files to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – include name of your sales representative or CSR.
- Large files may be uploaded to mountain-cg.com on the Art Submission page or submitted via CD – labeled w/return address (Include a printout of the file directory specifying which files to output).
- Compression – use a self-extracting software package (WinZip or Stuffit)
- Hardcopy color print to go by for color. Include PMS numbers and any sketches or color samples needed for matching.
Please contact your sales representative or CSR for further information.